Tuesday 26 July 2011

Raspberry And White Chocolate Muffins

I haven’t made muffins since my very first post, which was a good few months ago, so I thought it was definitely time to make another batch!  I had a bar of white chocolate sitting in my cupboard waiting to be used up, but nothing else to go with it.  In the end, I decided to quickly nip across the road to the supermarket and buy some raspberries which I thought would compliment the chocolate nicely! :)

When mixing the wet and dry ingredients together, some of the raspberries will break no matter how careful you are, but this adds a lovely ripple like effect through the mixture.  Also make sure that you let the butter cool for a few minutes before adding to the eggs so as not to cook them. 

The original recipe called for plain natural yoghurt, but I used a pot of raspberry yoghurt that I had already bought for my breakfast.  I don’t know if it matters really but I didn’t notice any difference in terms of how the muffins came out or tasted! They're delicious eaten both when warm and cool, and are still lovely and moist after a few days :)


Ingredients:
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g raspberries
150g bar white chocolate, cut into small chunks
100g golden caster sugar
100g butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
150ml pot raspberry yoghurt


Method:
- preheat the oven to 200C
- line a 12-hole muffin tin with some muffin cases
- sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl, then stir in the berries, chocolate and sugar
- add the butter, beaten eggs, and yoghurt, and stir to combine (it doesn’t matter if the mixture looks a bit lumpy, it’s more important not to overmix or the muffins will turn out tough)
- fill the cases and bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden brown and then transfer to a rack to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment