Monday 30 May 2011

Sticky Toffee Pudding

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been so busy with coursework and exams but all that’s over now so I can get back to my baking! I actually made this a couple of months ago but never got round to blogging it until now because of revision etc.


I got the recipe from the Good Food website and followed it properly apart from using water instead of tea for the dates as I didn’t have any tea in the cupboard.  I also shop-bought my toffee sauce but you can easily make your own.


The cake is very moist, and lasts for a few days. It’s just as good eaten when warm as well as when its cooled down, drizzled with lots of toffee sauce! Yum :)



Ingredients:
220g dried dates, stoned and chopped
250ml water
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
175g golden caster sugar
80g unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
175g self-raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
toffee sauce

Method:
- heat the oven to 180C and lightly grease a tin
- put the dates and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil
- cook for 3-4 minutes to soften the dates and then stir in the bicarbonate of soda
- beat the butter and caster sugar together with a wooden spoon until pale and creamy, then beat in the eggs, flour and mixed spice
- fold in the date mixture, pour into the tin and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is just firm to the touch
- put the toffee sauce in a pan over a low heat and simmer until its gently heated
- cut the pudding into squares/triangles and serve with the warm sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment