Wednesday 2 February 2011

Strawberry and Chocolate Muffins

This is the first time I’ve baked in months because of revision and exams so it’s nice to be back in the kitchen again!  My New Year's resolution was to start a baking blog so here's hoping I get the chance to update it regularly.  I’ve made these muffins before with raspberries and white chocolate, so I thought I would try them with strawberries and milk chocolate this time as I had strawberries that needed using up.  They’re delicious both warm when the chocolate is slightly melted or when cooled when the chocolate is harder. Win Win! :) 


My strawberries were quite big so I got about 8-12 smallish chunks from each one, and I just roughly quartered each chocolate square.  The mixture will be quite thick and gloopy and just drop off the spoon in a big blob, but thats the way it should be.

The mixture makes 12 muffins, and you can adjust the amount/type of chocolate/fruit you use, or even half the recipe.  They do keep for a good few days in an airtight container, though they never really last that long in my flat with my boyfriend scoffing them after breakfast, lunch and dinner!



Ingredients:
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g strawberries, cut into small chunks
200g bar milk chocolate, cut into small chunks
100g golden caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
150ml pot natural yoghurt
100g butter, melted

Method:
- preheat the oven to 200C
- line a 12-hole muffin tin with some muffin cases
- sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl, then stir in the berries, chocolate and sugar
- add the beaten eggs, yoghurt and butter, and stir to combine (it doesn’t matter if the mixture looks a bit lumpy, it’s more important not to overmix or the muffins will turn out tough)
- fill the cases and bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden brown and then transfer to a rack to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment